Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Masks

Today, while watching a funny sitcom with some friends I am shocked by what my thoughts are regarding the situation portrayed in the sitcom. I was watching Friends and the episode shows where Ross got kicked out of his apartment and so has to live with Chandler and Joey. Ross has some very annoying habits which irritates the both of them and furthermore Ross was acting like he was the one who owns the place. This got to the point where Chandler and Joey dropped hints like "Oh, the newspaper is full of ads today about apartments for rent". I was shocked about what came to my mind because I thought that if I had been in that situation I would tell my friend upfront that he was acting like he owns the place which is not appropriate and that if he doesn't stop it I would have to ask him to leave. Never mind that my friend might be jobless or in a very bad situation. It was a bit scary for me that I got goosebumps immediately. I am not that kind of friend at all and 3 years back, I would never even have considered that scenario. But now, there's a very tiny chance that I would consider doing that especially after all I've been taught at school about being assertive and stuff. Sometimes din, in some situations I'm torn between being assertive and just being patient with another person. Funny how so much can changed that sometimes I wonder if I've really changed for the better or if all I'm doing is putting up a mask around the people around me. :(

Lord, illuminate my thoughts and always be here with me in times of doubts and despair. :(



----------------
Now playing: Basil Valdez - Hindi Kita Malilimutan
via FoxyTunes

No comments: